Wednesday, February 2, 2011

French Onion Chicken 2/2/11

Ok, yes I'm writing a second post for today but I wanted to share a "recipe" for the chicken I made for dinner tonight.  I really had no plan for dinner except that it would be chicken breast.  I really just threw some frozen chicken in the fridge before work and figured I'd decide what to do with it later.  I quickly scanned the cabinets for something that might make the chicken tasty and this is what I did...

-Begin by slowly sauteing a couple onions in some butter (I don't do measurements, sorry)
-In a medium bowl combine 2 eggs with a squirt of Gulden's mustard and about a tablespoon of sour cream
-In another medium bowl combine some panko bread crumbs, salt/pepper, parmesan cheese and a bit of dry rosemary
-coat chicken breast in egg followed by breading mix
-bake in casserole dish at 350 degrees for about 40-45 min (I used fairly thick chicken breasts)
-after 40 min or so add shredded swiss cheese to top of each breast
-return to oven and broil for about 3 min
- remove from oven and top with sauteed onions
-ENJOY...we had mashed potatoes and mixed veggies as sides

Your kitchen will smell wonderful!

Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment